Secure Email Services
There is becoming a growing need for email providers that strive to protect individual privacy and offer some level of anonymity to their users. The following services are recommended by ghorr.
General Everyday Email Providers:
- Zoho – great overall provider; a true Google Apps alternative; zoho is feature rich and even allows you to use your own domain name.
Providers with Encryption:
- Riseup – great provider that protects individual privacy and freedoms of the user base; free VPN service is also available with them. They also offer encryption. Free account available with invitation.
- ProtonMail – End-to-end encryption and zero access encryption, stored on servers in Switzerland. Free plans available.
- Tutanota – End-to-end encryption and 2FA, open source, stored on servers in Germany. Free plans available.
- 10 Minute Mail – disposable email account, which remains valid for 10 minutes.
- MailDrop – a persistent disposable email account, with no required password, supports an alias for your account as well.
Additionally, ghorr recommends that all users take necessary precaution by encrypting all email messages using PGP or some other form of encryption. Here is a guide how to set up PGP in Arch: http://ghorr.org/?page_id=1080